I am a science fiction and fantasy writer who’s published over fifty stories in markets including Asimov’s, Analog, F&SF, and Realms of Fantasy. I have won the Hugo Award for Best Short Story, Endeavour Award, Writers of the Future Contest, James White Award, People’s Choice Award for Best Drabblecast Story of the Year, and Phobos Fiction Contest, and I have been nominated or shortlisted for the Nebula Award, Theodore Sturgeon Award, Parsec Award, Aeon Award, Jim Baen Memorial Writing Contest, an earlier Hugo Award, and the John W. Campbell Award (twice). My stories have appeared in four Year’s Best volumes and have been translated into French, Czech, Hebrew, Swedish, Romanian, Finnish, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Russian, and Chinese. I have been an instructor at the Alpha Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Workshop for Young Writers; the Cascade Writers Workshop; Rainforest Writers Village; and numerous science fiction convention writers’ workshops. I am a member of the Wild Cards consortium, Book View Café, and the Science Fiction Writers of America, for whom I coordinate the SFWA Northwest Reading Series. I live in Portland, Oregon with my wife Kate Yule, with whom I co-edit the fanzine Bento.
On this website
- Twitter (daviddlevine)
- Facebook (David D. Levine)
- Google+ (David D. Levine)
- Goodreads (daviddlevine)
- LiveJournal (davidlevine)
- Dreamwidth (davidlevine)
- I attended a NASA Social around the launch of the TDRS-L satellite in January 2014.
- I spent two weeks at a simulated Mars base in the Utah desert in January 2010.
- I attended the Launch Pad astronomy workshop in 2008.
- I attended the Taos Toolbox writers’ workshop in 2008.
- I attended the Writers of the Future workshop and ceremony in 2002.
- I attended Clarion West in the summer of 2000.
- Under Candlelight
- Roundtable Podcast
- SF Signal
- Talk of the Gorge
- Dialogue: Between the Lines
- The Sci-Phi Show
- Escape Pod episode 402: “The Tale of the Golden Eagle” by David D. Levine
- Tales to Terrify episode 65: “Letter to the Editor” by David D. Levine
- PodCastle miniature 76: “Quiet Death Machines” by Gillian Daniels
- Toasted Cake episode 98: “Pacha the Purring Prognosticator” by K. G. Jewell
- StarShipSofa episode 327: “Pupa” by David D. Levine